With a break in the heatwave we’ve been having. The wind was picking up and there was even some cloud cover. I very nearly stayed at home this weekend but as we all know, effort equals rewards. I just felt the need to be on the bank. I can do 2 nights but I am not sure yet if I will, I feel I am in the right spot and the conditions are in my favour. The weather forecasters have said there will be a swing in the wind, we shall just have to see tomorrow.
What a view! My left hand rod is an underarm cast, away to the left on a gully which runs past the swim and round the corner into a small bay area. I have not baited this spot, I am just fishing with a big bag of pellet, broken boilies and a mix of spotted fin liquids. I have done this as I feel it’s more of a patrol route than a feeding area. The other rod is 30/40 yards out on the bottom of the margin self just into the silt bed.
Well, the night past with no action what so ever. This was a big surprise, there were plenty of fish crashing around in the bay to the left of me. Mr & Mrs Carp were certainly not moving out into the main body of the lake. I was left scratching my head at this point, what to do next?.
I have the swim until around 1130 and reeled in. I looked around the complex and decided to head home. I was going to have some fun in the garden with the kid’s and have a BBQ instead.
Until next time
Please subscribe to my Video Diary