Below are my 11 top tips to help you catch more Pike, when fishing rivers, some of the below can also be applied for lake fishing.
(1) Find where the bait fish are feeding (if you can), it will help by asking the float anglers.
(2) Use live bait if allowed, as this is the best bait.
(3) Use the freshest of dead baits.
(4) Use bait flags
(5) Pike will hang around cover e.g snags & reeds
(6) Super sharp hooks
(7) Find a clear sand area, near lily pads or weeds, were the bait fish will hopefully be.
(8) Slower areas of the river are a good bet, were the pike should rest up for the evening .
(9) Using semi bardless treble hooks, will help with unhooking fish.
(10) Don’t delay striking for more than 15 seconds, this will save deep hooked pike. ( I use large baits. If you use small baits, strike straight away).
(11) Make sure you have the correct unhooking tools – long forceps x 2/3 – long nose pliers – long nose cutters
(12) I have found that over the years, between 1500/1530 is the best time to get a bite. It’s always good to make sure you change your bait to a fresher one and recast by 1400 hrs.
Hope these help
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-62538511-1’, ‘auto’);
Pingback: 12 Top Tips To Catch River Pike | Carp & Course Fishing
I enjoy what you guygs tend too be up too. This sort of clever work and exposure!
Keep up the awesome works guys I’ve included you guys to my own blogroll.
I think this is one of the so much important information for
me. And i am happy reading your article. But want to commentary on some normal
issues, The web site style is ideal, the articles is in point of
fact excellent : D. Excellent task, cheers
Great information. Lucky me I recently found your site by
chance (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!
We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your site offered us with valuable information to work on.
You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you.
Everything is very open with a clear explanation of the challenges.
It was truly informative. Your site is very helpful.
Thanks for sharing!