Location Roach Pit
Hours – 24
I arrived down the lake around 1.30 pm to find a lot of anglers still on the lake. This was a bit of a shock, so I did a lap of the lake and came to the conclusion that all the swims I fancied fishing were occupied and all the others I didn’t fancy.
So, I popped over to my other syndicate to have a moan at anyone I could find, sorry guys, but it did help me a lot and I headed back to RP to take another look. I have to try and work around this somehow.
This time there where at least half the number of anglers about and I found one of the swims I fancied called Webleys free, that will do me. The wind had certainly played a part in my swim selection as it had been blowing from the north east since Saturday morning. The wind had picked up, it’s very fresh outside at the moment especially out of the sunshine.
I’d watched another angler set up in here last week and had some idea of where to start looking for spots. This certainly helped me set up quicker than expected.
Two rods were positioned off the side of the island. One closer than the other and the third rod was 3 quarters of the way across on a lovely clear spot.
I took the boat out and baited the area around the sides of the island. The wind rapidly pushed the marker float back to where the boat had been moored up. I’m hoping there may be fewer people about tomorrow and I can get out there again with my Deeper. I’m only here for 48hrs this week, so I’m not sure I will get the chance.
The only interruption was a swan who was partially obsessed with the weed in front of my swim and its favourite patch to munch on was under my three rods! After a couple of pickups and a completely trashing of two rods, I repositioned them as far left as I could push them over without causing me any issues with the trees. It would be a right pain if I hooked a fish of any sort, but it fixes the swan issue until about 9 am the following morning when it very nearly got me again.
The catches have been happening a lot more in daylight hours, so I’m still waiting for my rods to burst into life at any moment.
I decided that it would be better to head home today, the cold north wind was still blowing and there was due to be another frost again tonight. I felt it would be better to head back at the end of the week, before the Bank Holiday weekend.
Until next time