I have two suits from the Grizzyman clothing company and I’m extremely impressed , this first one is all year-round and the second i would say is defiantly winter only as you will roast in it.
The Gorka Suit is very similar to a bib and brace style but it’s easier and more simple to wear. I personally find wearing trousers that have a higher back with braces style attachments a lot simpler way of wearing them. The ease of taking off the jacket or trousers is the perfect combination. The jacket is so much warmer than a standard jacket, well that’s my personal choice.
A lot of people are after a 100% waterproof product which is more or less impossible to achieve if you are looking for a combination of durability and hard wearing. These suits achieve both these points to a very high standard and are class as shower proof, but they go way beyond that.
What the seller says
Warm winter suit “Gorka” is designed, The universal model recommended for outdoor activities, hunting and fishing in winter. The suit offers in excellent appearance, functionality, practicality and comfort. Complete with thermal underwear and fleece layer, it can easily withstand the manufacturer’s declared up to -40 ° C.
Finnish fabric made of synthetic fibres, pleasant to the touch, does not rustle, is characterized by increased strength and resistance to mechanical damage. The membrane layer protects from the external effects of wind and precipitation, without interfering with the removal of excess moisture and vapours from the body.
Lining Fleece – a soft fleecy material that allows the body to breath, wicks moisture away, dries quickly and has thermal insulation properties.
Insulation Triterm – made of ultra-fine fibres – is 30% thinner and lighter than a regular synthetic inner.
FEATURES OF THE MODEL:
- the anatomical fit of the knee
- anatomical sleeves
- two-way zipper
- mid-length jacket
- windbreak bar
- adjustable width at the bottom of the jacket
- adjustable hood
- 6 outer and 2 inner jacket pockets
- 4 pockets on trousers
- anti-snow cuffs
- water resistance – 10000 mm
- vapor permeability – 10000 g / m2 / 24 hours
- elasticated cuffs on sleeves with thumb cut
- reinforcement with an additional layer of fabric in areas subject to abrasion.
I received my nice new Irbis winter suit the day after lockdown started. It was a real shame I couldn’t try it out instantly, as it keeps you warm down to -25 degrees C. I was thinking (when it arrived) that by the time we are able to go fishing again it could be +25!
Luckily, the Government guidance was clarified and we were allowed to fish on a day only basis and I could get out on the bank. The weather was max 3 degrees over the next few weeks, so my suit will get a brilliant test run. I had gone for a walk with it on and just my boxer on underneath and I was roasting hot! So, I thought it needed a fishing test run. I’m sure sitting on a day chair on the bank will be even more comfortable with this new suit, as I do suffer from the cold.
I spent an enjoyable 4 hours on the river and I didn’t realise that the temperature was only 2 degrees until I got back into the car!
I can completely say with 100% confidence, this is the best suit (bib & brace) I’ve every had and its going to make winter fishing so much more enjoyable.
This winter suit “Irbis” from the SKANSON collection is a professional suit for hunters and fishers. It’s designed specifically for hunting on the go. The temperature range is -25⁰С to -10⁰С. It has the reliable silent fabric “Finland” and special waterproof zippers, resistant to friction and repeated bending. Furthermore, the ACTIVE membrane will provide reliable protection from wind and moisture.
Comfortable operating temperature: from -25⁰С to -10⁰С
-water resistance: 10000 mm.
– vapour permeability: 6000 gr. / m2.
Composition: 70% polyester, 30% nylon
Colour: Khaki / Multicam
The suit includes:
- hunter jacket with a hood
- hunter pants
- cross-shoulder suspenders.
- Extra-Long Jacket for unrestrained movement and room for extra clothing.
- The jacket fastens with a moisture-resistant zipper.
- Two velcro windproof flaps.
- The hood is removable and adjustable with a rubber cord and fastened with Velcro.
- The sleeves have inner cuffs and Velcro on the outside.
- Moisture-resistant zip fastening to two upper and two lower pockets.
- Two interior pockets, one with zipping and one with mesh.
- At the bottom of the jacket, there is a windproof skirt and drawstring.
- Double elbow protection.
Hunter pants :
- Removable straps on the trousers, made of elastic tape.
- The bottom of the trousers is protected from the snow.
- The width is adjustable with a zipper and a patch.
- Anatomical patches in the knee area.
- Lining: fleece 100% polyester / Foil lining;
- Jacket insulation: 250 gr. / M2
- Pants insulation: 150 gr. / M2